This conversion was conducted for Northern Ireland
Rail with the customer requirements of providing a DBSO with driver
controls standardised with the controls in a CL 111 locomotive.
to increase operational efficiency.
- “Re-bogied” to suit NI track gauge
- Refurbished Saloon area ~ seating, tables and floors
- Full driving cab re-design – enlarged, with desk, power control, lighting/heating & driving controls replaced
- Addition of Auto-Couplers
- Buffer & drawgear modifications
- Interior & exterior re-paint & livery
- Installation of AWS & TPWS ~ train safety systems
- Data recording OTMR
- All air-brake components were made compatible with
CL 111 braking systems. Full overhaul of existing braking equipment was